Catch the Wave

I planted my bedding plants over the weekend. This pot might not look like much right now, but those little plants are Wave Petunias, and in a few months this pot will be overflowing with pink blossoms.

It's like that with my writing sometimes. I'll toy with an idea for a while in my mind and then just do a brain dump of what I'm thinking. It usually doesn't look like much at first. It will take time, some nourishment, often quite a bit of deadheading, but eventually if I am lucky I will end up with something that makes me happy. Like a flowerpot overflowing with Wave Petunias.

That's my creative process. What's yours?

4 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

I have to stew, like whatever I'd throw in the crockpot.

Everything goes together as individual ingredients, at first, and has to heat up so the juices flow, but then it culminates and mixes together into something I hope will prove worthwhile.

Loved your analogy! We planted some petunias last week (correction: my husband did - I have no green thumb), and they're beautiful!

Carmen said...

Mine is more like a puzzle. I throw it out there, add a bit of color here and there, move all the pieces around, throw a few pieces away, bring one or two back...and eventually it all comes together. Then I have to try not to look at it for a few days...because although I think it's done, it usually isn't yet.

Loved your analogy. It's all worth it in the end!

Terri Tiffany said...

Hmmm--I think and think on an idea and then it just comes out fast!

JD/ Jill said...

Unlike you, I am definitely NOT a writer...but I sure do wish I had a way with words. I sometimes wish I could just write the stories that come to mind. It's one thing to think the words...It's another for me to write them down on paper. I admire anyone who has that gift. And you definitely have that gift.