A Goal Without a Plan

Recently, I've had conversations someone about our respective five-year plans.  I have a five-year plan for certain areas of my life and I'm realizing that I need to put together a concrete plan for other areas as well. 
After all "A goal without a plan is just a wish" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery), right?

I happened to glance up at my magnetic poetry board today and noticed that I had formed sentence fragments about wishing for something.

I long to write but .....
I long to garden but ....
I long to read but ....
I long to believe but ....

What wishes or longings are whispering to you right now? What is the "but" that is holding you back from having them? What goals do you need to put in place today to help you move closer to obtaining them?

1 comment:

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, dear. The question of my life.

I have countless goals, most of them concerning my writing. I don't really have any concrete plans other than continuing to get as many articles published as possible, to increase my visibility in the marketplace. And, my agent is pitching both my proposals to several publishers.

As for my goal to live closer to my grandkids, that depends a lot on my husband's job. I continually pray that he'd get a bee in his bonnet to relocate! ahhahahaa!!! That's my idea of a plan.