Nemesis

So you're back; my on-again off-again nemesis for the past thirty years.  You surprised me this time; I thought that perhaps you had moved on for good. The hints to your imminent return were there, I just chose not to see them.

I am amazed at how quickly you get into my life, how all-encompassing your presence is each time you come back.  You are a worthy adversary to be sure.

Last night I lay awake hour after hour, tossing and turning, bemoaning the fact that you had returned.  Every inch of my body seemed to cry out as witness to your reappearing. 

I will not concede defeat; I will never concede defeat.  Though you are strong, I am stronger.  You may occasionally win a battle, but you will not win the war. I have learned a thing or two about you over the years; I know when to fight and when to sit back and let it appear that you have your own way.

I know your appearance is fleeting and that you will eventually move on; I can be patient.

I'm on to you, Fibromyalgia.

7 comments:

Anonymous :) said...

30 years of fibromyalgia. I like your fighting spirit.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Hope it's appearance is very, very brief this time. You need to be in fighting form for February!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear it, Linda. Beaming good thoughts your way...

Jeanette Levellie said...

Praying this is your last battle, dear Linda. God and I are on your side!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Oh how well I know about fibromyalgia! Mine has been so bad throughout the years that I've had to be on disability. Every day is a struggle...some days I have to give in and take all the meds, sit in the jaccuzzi tub and then lay in bed for the day.

Other days are better, but the chronic fatigue often overwhelms my plans for the day.

It is a challenge, but by the grace and mercy of the Lord, I will be an overcomer!!

Praying for your quick recovery!

SoulMate Coach Crystal said...

You courage and wisdom jump off the page! The way you choose to look at your challanges is so inspirational.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, Linda. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.