Christmas of Another Kind


It's Christmas Eve day and I am remembering Christmas' past, Christmas' of another kind.

I think it is of utmost importance that we try to keep our focus on the Reason for this season, but we have wrapped so much emotion and hype into the holiday that it's impossible to keep them separate.

While many of you will spend this evening and tomorrow enjoying family, friends, and feasts, it will not be that way for everyone.  Some are grieving the loss of a loved one and trying to get through a first Christmas with out them; some have financial struggles such that there are no gifts under the tree, perhaps there is no tree at all; some are wrapped in clouds of depression and are just holding on until the season passes.

So if you are one of the blessed ones this year, I ask that you remember those who do not count themselves as one of you this year, and do what you can to help who you can and where you can.

Christmas Blessings,

4 comments:

Carmen said...

What a sweet post! I always cringe when I hear of accidents and such around the Christmas season. My brother still hasn't recovered from his tragic Christmas (his wife abandoned him and the kids). He only celebrates it for his kids, who he is raising really well. I'm so proud of him. Anyway, Merry Christmas my friend...I hope it's happy and cozy, and full of love!!

Karen said...

This is so true. This will be the 10th year without my mom. I remember that first Christmas without her, so vividly, I thought my heart would break. You're right, Linda, it's not all merry and bright for many people. It's easy to make calls to the people who are having a fine holiday, but I need to make a few calls to some of my family that are not. Thanks for the reminder.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Linda: It's interesting you should post about this. We've had so many pass away in our church this year, then my own Dad went to Heaven in May, leaving my Mom bereft. I have thought of these sorrowing ones more this year than any other. I'd give them the world if I could, to take away their pain.

Love
Jen
Audience of ONE

Kara said...

What a sweet remembrance. I know of 2 families that recently lost a loved one and how difficult this Christmas must be!
Merry Christmas:)