Just Do It!

Years ago I heard the the following quotation:

"Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” (James Arthur Baldwin)

It didn't mean much at the time but lately I am reminded of it time and time again. When there is something that keeps coming to mind there must be a reason and a truth that we need to learn.

I have come to the conclusion that if there is something that we are passionate about, we must summon the courage to step up and take action. We owe it to ourselves to move out of our comfortable places and take risk. It is in those situations where we take a leap of faith just because we are compelled by something larger than our selves that we will find fulfillment, contentment and purpose.

Lord, help me to find the courage to step out when You direct me, and to find the balance between recklessness and wisdom.

2 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Yay Linda!! I think it's time to do it with your writing!!

Joanne said...

It's amazing too how once you take that step, it's not as scary as you'd thought.