Rearranging Furniture

You might notice that My Own Velvet Room looks a bit different. I'm playing a bit with the look of my blog today. I guess with the change of seasons, I thought it might be time for a new look. I'll try out a few different looks, and eventually find one that fits I'm sure.

This blog rearranging that I'm doing got me thinking about furniture rearranging, and the changes that I've been through in my attitude toward it. When I was a young stay-at-home mom I rearranged my furniture fairly frequently. In retrospect, it must have been because that was one of the few things that I had control of during that phase of my life, and it was something I could do to change the regular routine.
In more recent years, as I have become more settled into who I am, I have lost this desire to rearrange things in my home. In fact, other than moving to a new city last year, I don't rearrange my furniture at all anymore. I have things where I like them, I am comfortable with the ambiance, and I see no need to change things. It actually agitates me when someone moves things out of place.

I'm seeing parallels here,and I'm not quite sure what to make of this message to self.

No comments: