Bat wings and other things

Just stopping in for a minute to clarify what bat wings are and to share a new picture of sweet baby Makiya.

Bat wings are those dreaded pieces of skin that hang below your arm and wiggle and jiggle like jello. No one wants 'em....but alas...it sounds like many of us get 'em. Sigh.

I'm visiting with Laurinda and Gord and Makiya for a few days. Just look at that face. Isn't she beautiful!!

As I sat in the airport today I had an opportunity to people watch and began to contemplate the different ways that women choose to age. Some try to hang on to their youth for longer than they should, and others are content to just let the aging process happen. More to come on those airport musings.

Right now I am going to crawl into bed with a good book and think about this beautiful baby that I have the pleasure of spending time with over the next few days.

5 comments:

Deb said...

she is just adorable...thank you for letting us know what bat wings are...I thought that was what you meant but wasn't for sure...

Anonymous said...

She is a just beautiful. Thanks for the clarification. Enjoy your visit.

Stella Jones said...

Thsnk you for the clarification of bat wings. I did wonder if you meant that or the bit under your arm, which bulges over your bra strap when your arms are in the air?? Oh my, I have both of those things, sadly. However, I do have good health so I mustn't complain. I loved the picture of 'your' baby.
Blessings, Star

Lynnette Bonner said...

LOL about the bat wings! Yes, our grandmother's do seem to have had it easier, don't they? But perhaps they never developed bat wings because they had to do all the laundry by hand! I don't think I'd want to give up my washing machine! But maybe a trip to the gym is in order.... :)

Cute little gal in the picture!

Melissa Amateis said...

She is gorgeous! Hope you have a blessed time with her.

I hope I age gracefully - I don't want to be one of those that thinks that being young is where it's all at - because really, I don't even want to go back to my high school years. I was naive and dumb! (though skinnier!)