Judith Viorst

I promised myself when I got my Kindle that I would stop buying "real" books. For the most part, books are cheaper on the Kindle and, quite frankly, I'm running out of places in my house to store them. There was a caveat on my promise though, because some books just aren't yet available for the Kindle, and for those, I would make an exception and I've stood by that promise. Until last Saturday.

I was playing around on my computer, Googling this and Googling that, when I came across this book of poetry by Judith Viorst.

Back in the day, I used to love Judith Viorst! Do you remember the children's book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? That was written by Judith Viorst! It doesn't stop there, either.

In addition to being the author of this classic children's book, Judith Viorst wrote the type of light-hearted poetry about every day life that somehow seemed to validate my own experience. In fact, I was inspired to write a fair number of my own domestic-centered poems after reading Judith Viorst!

Then I found that not only has she authored Forever Fifty, she has also published volumes called How Did I Get To Be Forty, Suddenly Sixty and I'm Too Young To Be Seventy. Before I knew it I was putting in an order on Amazon without even checking availability on the Kindle. Judith Viorst books are the kind I will want to jot notes in, put sticky tabs in to mark favorite poems, and carry around as a crazy source of comfort.

Today, I arrived home from work to find Forever Fifty waiting for me! A warm and sunny day, a book of poetry, and a lawn swing. What more could I ask for!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Sounds heavenly!

Karen said...

Sounds like a perfect time to me! I'll have to look for her books. Poetry for women of my age, that would be nice.

Pat's Place said...

Sounds like a "have to" purchase! Enjoy!