Eccentricity

I'm going to turn into one of those eccentric older ladies; all the signs are there. We were out and about shopping yesterday and I saw two must-have items for my retirement.

The first was a cloche felt hat at Macy's.  I feel absolutely in love with this hat, and I'm not a hat person!  I can see myself wearing this hat and a cotton dress on a hot summer afternoon out for a drive in a jalopy. Sounds crazy, but it has a certain appeal to me.  They have it in red, which would be perfect for someone attending a Red Hat Society function.  I won't be joining though.  I plan to enjoy my unscheduled days and embrace spontaneity wearing my black cloche felt hat.

The second item was a Vespa.  Gerry and I both liked these, and I can picture the both of us taking a quick trip to the grocery store on our matching Vespas.  Of course, I'd have to be wearing my cloche hat, and Gerry would be wearing his fedora.  Perhaps we would have a side car of some sort for Maya and Chelsea.

Shoot...if I'm having these thoughts now one can only imagine what I'll be developing a yen for when I'm eighty!

5 comments:

Carmen said...

LOL!! The hat is pretty classy if you ask me. The Vespa? Well, maybe on a nice day. When I get old (yes...I said when), I'm going to do whatever I want. The crazier the better. Hehehe...

Anita said...

I LOVE that hat!! I was in Target the other day, trying on hats(unfortunately i'm cursed with a bigger head than I know what to do with)and I wanted one just like that one! My one must have buy though was this cute umbrella with a curved wooden handle...yeah i can already see myself parading around the neighborhood, sporting my umbrella. And the Vespa...oh I'd love one of those myself! I think you've got pretty good taste there lady!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Sounds like so much fun! I want to retire with you! I love hats. My mom and I used to shop for hats together and what fun we had trying them on!

Deb said...

I love hats....I love seeing older ladies all gussied up with their hats and pearls out shopping...so cool...hope I'm that way when I get old....LOL

Terri Tiffany said...

LOL What is a Vespa?? But I love hats--never wore one bt it would be fun!