Never Say Never


I just did something that I swore I would never do.  I got up at 5:00 am to go shopping on Black Friday!  I'm the one who doesn't like crowds and for many years have refused to go to the mall on any weekend in December.  I do my Christmas shopping early, on weeknights, or online. 

Alas, in the massive bundle of flyers that came with our Thanksgiving morning newspaper was one for Kohl's that contained something that I've been planning to buy for someone at some point, and the mark down was enough to incite me to break my cardinal shopping rule.

So, there I was just before 6:00 this morning, circling the parking lot at Kohl's watching for those white backup lights that mean someone is about to pull out.  What a sweet sight when I managed to snag a place fairly close to the door!

Once inside, I was stunned by the line-up to pay for things.  They actually had a woman holding up a sign that said "end of line" to help shoppers.  Once I found the item I was looking for, I made a bee line to the end of the line, not even taking the time to browse.  I was a woman on a mission.  The line-up moved fairly quickly, and I was in and out in about 45 minutes. 

Now I'm thinking that perhaps some of my rigid rules could be relaxed a bit.  Maybe I'll do something radical like skydiving or bungee jumping next!  Or maybe not, I think I'll just head downstairs and do some knitting.

6 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Brave you! Sounds like it was pretty painless.

I admit, a teeny part of me is curious about the great deals I could get. But I rather enjoyed sleeping in, and I'm getting lots done here at home since both my kids are with my parents. I'm relishing it!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

You are a brave one!!
I enjoy the relaxed on-line shopping myself!!...i'm to old for the other(?)...HE...HE...HE!!

Enjoy.....LindaMay

Carmen said...

I avoid crowds too! Love a good deal though. Kudos to you for braving line ups of women shoppers. Brrrrr! =D

Anonymous :) said...

Sky diving, bungee jumping or black friday? I'd stick to black friday.

Anonymous said...

I passed on BF, but did find some equally-good-deals on line late last night. Still, you are a brave woman. : )

Kathleen said...

They call this a "paradigm shift". It works on many areas of life, so I'll be eager to see your sky-diving photos!

Blessings, friend.