Seven simple things that make me happy

Springboarding from Terri's post about seven things about her that people don't know, and keeping with the current trend toward simplicity, I decided to post seven simple things that make me happy.

1. Deadheading my tidal wave petunias in the summer time when I come home from. It's just such a peaceful, and repetetive task that somehow relaxes me.

2. The first sip of coffee in the morning.

3. A new bar of soap. I don't know why but I love the crispness of a new bar of Dove soap, especially that little bird in the middle.

4. My crock pot. It belonged to my mom, and when I come home from work and there's a meal simmering away it so comforting.

5. Beating my husband at Flinch.

6. Rubbing my dog's bellies.

7. The smell of freshly cut grass.

Now...what's on your list of seven?

4 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

I love the twist! And how I can agree with you on that new bar of soap only I love Ivory. I think it is that fresh smell too when it comes out of the wrapper.
What a nice positive approach to the challenge!

Pat's Place said...

I love your focus on simplicity. After reading your blog and Barbara's I have begun to focus more on simplicity myself! Thanks!

Joanne said...

I'm with you on the first sip of coffee. Starting a great new book, anticipating the hours of pleasure ahead. A fire in the fireplace, sleet hitting the windows. Which these make me see it's true, it's the simple things that comfort. Thanks.

Linda Hoye said...

Terri - I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates a fresh bar of soap.

Pat - I am enjoying your posts on simplicity as well.

Joanne - Ahhh yes, the pleasure of starting a new book. That' one of my favorite things as well.