A Good Cry

I've been a bit overwhelmed lately. There is a lot going on a work and in life in general. To top it all of I don't think I got more than three hours of sleep last night.

I received an email from my husband this afternoon hinting (okay, hinting is not a strong enough word!) that I come home early, really what he meant was to come home on time.

His ploy worked, and I packed up some work to bring home and left the office when it was still daylight. Had a nice dinner, watched the news, played with the dogs, all that and it's not even 7:00 pm yet!

Before all that happened, though, I had a good cry when I got home. Sometimes I find that when life just gets away from me and I can't keep it together anymore, shedding a few tears releases some of that stress and makes me feel better. Just feeling my husband's arm's around me while I shed a few tears releases a lot of tension.

We're going to go for a hot tub now, then I think I'll crawl into bed with a good book. It will all look better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Oh my! I can relate to a good cry. There are days (usually when I am not getting enough sleep) that the tears just begin to flow. I think of them as cleansing tears--afterwards I feel so much better--especially if I have a good hug from someone close by! Hope you have a GREAT DAY tomorrow and a restful weekend.

Joanne said...

I find that emotions are always heightened when I have too little sleep. I see things in a better light rested. I hope you're feeling better soon!