Driving Lessons

I believe that God has lessons for us everywhere if we only have eyes to see them.

Tonight I was driving home from work, and got behind a car that was going 40 on the highway where the speed limit was 60. What I noticed about this vehicle (other than the slow pace at which it crept along) was the dented bumper - obviously the result of a rear ending. As I drove, battling the temptation to be frustrated at this individual, God began to speak to my heart.

The lesson that I learned this afternoon was one of moving forward when the time is right and not resisting the path that has been laid before us. In my life there have been situations that presented opportunities that, while exciting, filled me with fear. What I have learned in my almost fifty years of living is that if, after careful consideration and prayer, the path seems right then one needs to face the fears head-on and move forward. Not taking the path that God has chosen for us may lead to collisions from behind us. We may be rear-ended or side-swiped by other circumstances that He was trying to keep us from having to face.

My driving lesson today was to be brave! Move forward! Keep the pace!

Thank you, God.

No comments: