Simple Things

This afternoon I just took a few pictures of things around my house that make me feel happy and content.


The classic blue and white color scheme in my house is pure me!








In my downstairs bathrom I display an assortment of shells that I brought back from Mexico. The little plaque behind the sink says "Life is Better on the beach". I also have some pictures on one of the walls that were taken on our trip to Cozumel last year. Going into this room brings to mind the peace and relaxation I feel when I am on vacation.

I love this little statue of St Francis of Assisi. It sooths and calms and brings to mind a prayer of his that I know:

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying to self that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.



I bought this tea set in Winchester England. It reminds me of all the wonderful things we saw and did on our trip. For me the whole trip was a dream come true.







My collection of Willow Tree figurines, mostly given to me by my BFF, remind me of her and simpler times.

3 comments:

Patty H. said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed the post.
Blessings

Barb Davis said...

Beautiful posting and I love the photo of your little dogs! Just precious.

Terri Tiffany said...

I love your pictures too--you decorate beautifully!!