Conference Day 1

Yesterday started with a splendid start when I enjoyed breakfast and great conversation with three of the women who will be participating on the blogging panel with me on Sunday - Becky Lane, Nita Lou Bryant, and Judy Miller.

Although it was the first time we met in person, it seemed like we already knew each other, in part because we have gotten to know each other via our blogs and through Story Circle Network, but also because we share a common interest in writing and blogging.

Later, I had an opportunity for some heart-to-heart coaching sessions with Susan Tweit and later with Linda Joy Myers where I gleaned some valuable advice for moving forward with my memoir.

The pre-conference workshop with Matilda Butler and Kendra Bonnet previewed a technique they write about in their newest book, Writing Alchemy. I can't wait to try it out on some vignettes I am thinking of using their techniques.

Then last night, keynote speaker Heather Summerhayes Cariou absolutely blew me away. In addition to being a actress and writer (her book Sixtyfive Roses: A Sister's Memoir is being made into a movie), Heather is an inspiring speaker with a sharp wit. I had picked up her book earlier in the day and I am looking forward to three uninturrupted hours to read on the plane tomorrow.

Inspiration abounds here at the Stories from The Heart conference. More to come!

5 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Oh I didn't know you had gone there already!! ENJOY!!!!

Anita said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself and finding more inspiration!

Deb said...

have a great time...have a safe trip home...

The Unbreakable Child said...

Hope you had a most wonderful time, Linda. Can't wait to hear more!
x0

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Have fun and soak it in!!