Little Things

Yesterday I was the recipient of a simple act of kindness and generosity that brightened my day. As a token of appreciation, someone gave me a container of wonderful-smelling soap and a pretty bag of lavender seeds. It didn't cost her much, really didn't take too much effort, and yet it lifted my spirit immensely.

Too often, I find myself caught up in the hurry and stress of the day's work and forget to take the time to appreciate people around me. This simple act of thoughtfulness inspired me to try and be more mindful of simple opportunities to let others know that I appreciate and care for them.

What simple ways can you think of to show your appreciation for someone?

8 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Just a smile and a good pat on the back is sometimes a good thing for appreciation.

Angie Ledbetter said...

((((((((hug 4 U)))))))))

I love encouraging others in their pursuits of good things. Hugging is nice too. Oh, and cooking up something to help a friend or someone in need is always a great "little thing."

Linda Hoye said...

Pat - yes, someetimes just a simple "thank you" is enough, isn't it?

Angie - hugs are ALWAYS a good way to encourage. I like your idea of cooking up something special, though I don't spend much time in the kitchen these days!

Anonymous said...

I give hugs and pieces of chocolates. Is my usual way of appreciation.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Simple words like "I love you.", "Thank you for being so kind." "You make me smile." And I'm a hugger. Can't give or get enough of them!

Joanne said...

Your'e so right, those little things matter. How about a phone call? Or taking your friend out for coffee.

Terri Tiffany said...

I try to send some encouraging cards or emails:) And thank my friends for the things they do.

Anonymous said...

I work in a department that most people who come in are at the end of their rope. A simple "listening ear" lets them know someone cares. Not to mention a smile never hurt anyone and by the time they leave, they are feeling much better about themselves and motivated to begin a new goal in life. (I work at the local Community College in the Technical Division.)