A Splash of Color

The rainy season has official started where I live. This past weekend we turned our clocks back. Thus begins the many-month long season of darkness. This is the season when I begin to go to work in the dark, and come home in the dark. It can be a sure fire recipe for a depressing time ahead.

Today, I'm remembering that I have a choice about how I go into this new season. This picture is of the fall mums that I have near my front door. I purposely bought them in a bright color this year.

Similarly, I'm purposely choosing to keep a bright attitude and to focus on the many blessings in my life. Even in this dark season there is much to be thankful for!

6 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Hi Linda -
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment. You are so right - I need to keep God close to me right now. I know He has been with me through all this, and I know He'll continue to be with me. That knowledge is infinitely comforting. :-)

I'm one of those strange people that likes this time of year - I thrive during the fall and winter months, but tend to hide in my house during the summer. :-) Hope that the blues stay far away from your door!

Anonymous said...

Linda, I understand completely how you feel about this time of the year. I focus on the upcoming Holidays and spending even MORE time with family and friends. I am not so much of a green thumb like I use to be, so during these rainy, dark months I make sure and put lots of roses (artificial of course) around my house. It reminds me that Spring is just around the corner...sooner or later.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Don't know how folks make it in the lands that are dark most of the year. Plenty of sunshine here in the Deep South. Enjoyed this post.

Joanne said...

I agree with you that we do often have a choice about how we face things. Sounds like you're on the right track with the mums & bright attitude! And the benefit is, a bright attitude is contagious to those around you! :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Indeed, so much to be thankful for, even in the dark! It's always an adjustment for me, especially as evening falls so early. May God's light be in your present, even as I praying for his illumination in mine.

peace~elaine

Terri Tiffany said...

There is so much to be thankful for evening during the dark days.I love the sunny days here and it helps my mood immensely--you all need to vacation down this way when it gets really bad! that's what we did for years before we moved south.
Loved your flowers!Thank you for always posting something that makes me smile.