This week it is hitting close to home in my own place of work, and many people are finding out that they will no longer have jobs. All circumstances are different, and the impact will differ for each one, but I grieve for all of them, and pray for each one. Yesterday, someone likened it to losing members of our family. So you see even for those of us who remain, while thankful for our jobs, we are still impacted.
So, today let's look for happiness in simple things. Here is my morning list.
1. The big eyes of my Yorkies as they look up at me and "smile". They do so!
2. Pulling out my summer sandals and letting me feet go free again. No more black sock boogie every morning!
3. Tonight I expect to finish the book I'm currently reading, and I'm looking forward to starting on a new one. Therese Fowler's Reunion.
4. Wicking pajamas. Don't ask.
5. Chocolate. Need I say more?
Why don't you join me today. Tell me about the simple things that make you happy!