The Grill Sergeant...and other spring phenomena

Oh it was a happy day in the Hoye house yesterday when Gerry got a brand new barbecue! My husband is one of those men who never talks about things that he wants for himself and so when we do purchase something that is technically his, I love the happiness that it brings him! He spent some time in he afternoon setting it up and getting to know the new grill. The pork chops we had for dinner last night were excellent!

We also went to the local nursery yesterday. I love the array of color that can be found there! In addition to lotsof ideas and plans we brought home a few plants, among them a blue poppy which I am very excited about!

On the negative side I have contracted a spring cold. Stuffy nose, sore throat, all that kind of thing. I'm not sure if the periodic waves of heat that come across me these days are fever or hot flashes!

Enjoy spring whatever you do today!

7 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Ooh, a new grill! Your hubby looks quite happy with it. :-) I'm not big on grilling (or cooking for that matter) but I love it when other people make such delicious food using it. I think one of my favorites is just a grilled hamburger. :-)

Sorry to hear about your cold - hope you feel better soon!

Pat's Place said...

I have been battling a cold/cough/yukky feeling thing for 10 days now. Enough already! Hope yours goes away quickly!

Kathleen said...

Even beets or shoe leather tastes good on the BBQ! It's my favorite mode of cooking. And, from the looks of it, your hubby's going to be the best kitchen help you've ever had.

Get well! And be blessed,
Kathleen

Terri Tiffany said...

yay on the grill! Wish I lived close to visit! We have one just like it only we use it year round;) (had to throw that in,sorry:))
Enjoy your spring! Sorry about the cold--maybe it is allergies.

Anonymous said...

Oh, a new grill for a new season!! We still use the old Weber charcole type, but maybe one day, as we grill out even in winter.

Ugh, sounds like allergies, like me. I hope you feel better, Linda, and this reminds me I need some spring flowers.
hugs

Deb said...

sounds like you had a fun day! hope you get feeling better soon! I think spring colds are worse than the winter ones, atleast in the winter you don't mind cuddling up and resting, in the spring you can't wait to get outdoors which makes it worse.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Oh, grilling for the warm days ahead - a sign of spring -summer even!

and those flowers - the flowers blooming here -it's unbelievable!

feel better soon!