My home and native land......

It's Canada Day! Although we live in the United States, and will be celebrating the 4th of July in a few days, today we are celebrating the birthday of our homeland.

In honour of the day, I thought that I would share some Canadian tidbits with you.

If you know who Stompin' Tom Connors is.....and you can hum the song called The Good Old Hockey Game.....you might be Canadian!

If you have ever plugged your car in at night.....you might be Canadian!

If you have ever frozen your tongue to a flagpole in the winter....you might be Canadian!

If you know that Regina means pile of bones, if you've ever been to Moose Jaw, and if you can spell Saskatchewan.....you might be Canadian!

On the other hand.....

If you have ever enjoyed long hot summer evenings when it stayed daylight until 10:00 pm......you might be Canadian!

If you have ever spent a summer without rain from June through September with the average temperature hovering around 100F / 40C .....you might be Canadian!

We are flying both the Maple Leaf and the Stars and Stripes on our home today. Today we're celebrating with our country.


Happy Birthday, Canada!
Our home and native land.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

And what a beautiful country it is! I used to love to visit Vancouver and Victoria when we lived near Seattle. The Butchart Gardens captivated me, and Stanley Park's seawall made for such a scenic saunter.

God bless Canada,
Kathleen

Diane said...

Canada is the coolest neighbor!

Carmen said...

Awesome post (I might be a little biased), and I think I've done all those things. We spent the last few weeks in Victoria...I hope it's in our future because I love it there! We drove home on Canada day and missed the fireworks. =(