Maya

This is my dog Maya. She looks pretty spiffed up in this picture, but it's very likely that five minutes after this picture was taken her bow was askew, one of her ears was flopped forward, and she looked like a shaggy dog.

She has a very loving personality, she always wants to be near me no matter where I am or what I am doing. She's content to sit on my lap for the longest time when I'm working at the computer.

Maya is a rascal though. She's chewed some things in our home that ought not to be chewed, we had some potty challenges with her when she was younger, and she can be a bit yappy. She takes toys away from her sister, she wants whatever her sister has and isn't afraid of letting everyone know it.

In some ways I relate to Maya. I can get all dressed up in the morning, and by the time I get to work and look in the mirror I wonder what happened to that woman I saw in the mirror before I left home. My makeup doesn't stay put as long as I'd like, my hair doesn't always behave the way that I would like it to.

I've been know to be a rascal, doing some things that may have annoyed some other people.

I look at this little girl and my heart overflows with love for her despite her sometimes rebellious ways. She's just so darn cute!

I hope that someone looks at me in the same way sometimes!

8 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Arf! Maya's precious. Makes me miss my 16 y.o. Boston.

I've got a Christmas quiz and contest up if you get a chance to drop by. http://angie-ledbetter.blogspot.com/

Terri Tiffany said...

I know they do! The people who count in our lives look past the outside and see who we really are on the inside!

Joanne said...

Maya's definitely "owning" that cute outfit!

Pat's Place said...

We just had that conversation at the fitness center dressing room this a.m. We talked about how we hate our grey hair, age spots, aches and pains. One lady said she was afraid that people judged her by her age spots and the rest of us were quick to jump in and say that most people, friends, look past our "warts" and like us for who we are inside.

Janna Leadbetter said...

She's adorable! There's nothing quite like the love of a favored pet.

Melissa Amateis said...

At church yesterday, our pastor gave a wonderful sermon about how God is love - and I'm pretty sure that when God looks at you, He feels overwhelming love in His heart. :-)

Your dog sounds a lot like my Charlie, who I lost this year. He was never far by my side. I miss his comforting presence.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Looks like you and I are in the same boat. My little Shih-tzu, Caesar, is quite a riot but can be the most loving dog when he is tired. He has now realized that if he wants water and no one is paying attention, he will roll the toilet paper off and bring it to me. Can't quite figure out why he does this unless he is trying to get to the water in the toilet bowl...quite comical but annoying.

Linda Hoye said...

Angie - I'm bopping over to your blog momentarily
Teri - Isn't it a blessing to know that our loved ones look past our flaws!
Joanne - I can't tell you how often I've though of that phrase "owning it" lately! Thanks so much for putting it into my head!
Pat - More confirmation that peoplke who love us look past those things that aren't so pretty any more.
Janna - Thanks! She is just so darn cute!
Melissa - thank you, I'm sure you're right but sometimes one needs a little reminder of how our God views us.