Stroller in training

Did you ever notice how some people kind of stroll through their day, and others walk purposefully and quickly as they go about their activities? I'm one of the latter, but lately I've been observing the habits of the slower-paced folks.

My husband is one of the "strollers". He meanders throught the house as he prepares for the day in a way that suggests that he has never even heard of the word "stress". Sometimes he runs a bit late as a result of the slower pace, but he's one of the leasts stressed people I know. Quite frankly it drives me crazy

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. I bound out of bed when the coffee-maker goes off and I'm like a woman on a mission. I've got my routine and woe to the individual, including puppies and husbands, who tries to veer me off of that routine.

I've noticed at work as well that there are folks who take their time and others who walk like they're always in a rush. Lately, I have been consciously trying to slow down my pace and I have found that it does something for the stress level. I keep thinking that in retirement, I'll turn into one of those "strollers".

For now, I'm just a "stroller in training".

5 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Happy strolling! (I got your email late, but sent a reply finally.) :)

Terri Tiffany said...

I am a want-to-be stroller like your husband. Imagine how much more stress free our days would be? Let me know how you make out!

Melissa Amateis said...

Interesting post. I think I am mostly like you - I walk quickly in the office and when I'm shopping or doing something at home. But when I do take the time to stroll, you're right - it really takes the stress of.

I think I need to be a stroller-in-training, too!

Pat's Place said...

I'm one of those who bounds out of bed! I have not yet mastered the art of strolling. This morning I was sending e-mails at 5:00 a.m. and my friends rib me about getting up before daylight. Oh well, guess some of us are just wired that way.

Unknown said...

As you said people rush towards their work places in very hurry which is very stressful, this may lead to sickness. As a mother I stroll with a Hauck speed sun stroller with my baby in it .This makes me feel healthy and fit.