This 'n That

The last week of August is typically one of the busiest of the year for me at work and this week is no exception. During this week last year I ended up in the hospital with chest pain; I am doing much better at managing my stress this year!
In addition to dealing with all that is happening at the office, I have been preparing for the first meeting of the Story Circle group I am starting. I'm looking forward to meeting a group of women on Saturday who are as interested in lifewriting as I am. (It's that whole "tribe" thing that I've been thinking about lately, and that I am sure will become a blog post one of these days.)

Gerry and I got our new Droid X phones this week. I've felt like a child waiting for Christmas morning these past few weeks! We have the phones now and I've put my geek hat on and spent some time checking out all of the cool features. I am expecting that the Droid will help me simplify my life and stay better organized. In fact, just this afternoon I was able to respond to some email and check in on my Facebook friends while waiting for my doctor's appointment. (Speaking of my doctor's appointment: Soy + Yoga = Lower Cholesterol.)

So, no, I haven't dropped off the face of the blogosphere. I am still here: somewhat frazzled, a little bit tired, a tad cranky, but looking forward to what's ahead.


By the way, if you are not a regular visitor to my Arms of Adoption blog, I invite you to drop by and read about my brother, Frank who lost his battle with cancer this week. He was a man of integrity.

8 comments:

Carmen said...

Glad you're taking good care of yourself! Wish I could take soy...I'm hypothyroid...so it's a no-no. I am thinking about doing some walking combined with taking pictures. Have fun with your Droid! You're way too tech savvy for me! ;)

Deb Shucka said...

I'm so sorry about your brother.

Looking forward to hearing about your Story Circle group. Hope you're enjoying your Droids. Take care.

Anonymous said...

You've inspired me. I have a yoga DVD coming, and I'm going to start cooking with soy milk. Can't yet get used to eating tofu, but I'll find something that works. Enjoy your new phone. And do post about your new Story Circle!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

I am so not tech savvy! I've seen the Droid phones and others like them and they scare me! I'm still trying to figure out how to run my flip phone!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Such a busy and productive lady! Kudos. And I'm so sorry for your loss of your loved one.

Deb said...

so glad your okay...I'm not a gadget person...

Linda Hoye said...

@Carmen - Walking and photography sounds like an excellent way to take care of yourself body and mind.
@Deb - Thank you for the good wishes!
@Sid - Be careful with the yoga so you don't pull a muscle like I did! I ordered Yoga for Scoliosis recommended to me by Linda W and I like it much better.
@Donna - You sound like my husband! I'm working on converting him to the world of the tech savvy!
@Angie - {{hugs}}

Kathleen said...

What a worthy investment is the time spent in caring for the bodies (and souls) we've been given.

I fear that all-too-often people just keep on running faster hoping to stay ahead of the mayhem & chaos of life, when the better part (aka Mary) is to quietly rest at the Lord's feet.

Blessings for health, comfort, energy, and all things joyful.

Kathleen