Plopper

This little guy sits on my desk. His unlikely name is Plopper (honest....it was on the tag that was attached to his ear when I got him!)

Plopper was given to me by a friend when I was in hospital a few years back. He was a reminder to me that someone cared about me while I was dealing with the hospital experience.

When I went home from the hospital, Plopper took his place on my bed and suddenly developed a voice of his own. As in "honey, Plopper thinks it's time for you to make coffee".

When we got our first yorkie, Plopper had to leave the comfort of our bed in fear of him becoming a chew toy for Chelsea. Now, as I mentioned, he's been relegated to the top of my writing desk.

He doesn't speak much anymore, but he's still a wonderful reminder of caring and fun in years gone by.

Do you have a "Plopper" in your life?

13 comments:

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

My "Plopper" changes from time to time. Right now it's a black cat mug full of desk stuff. I have two black cats who are my faithful companions who comfort me during my chronic illness and give me many story lines. Their stories and pictures have been published.

Joanne said...

I do have a Plopper, and mine has an unusual name too. It was on her name tag when we got her. Puddin! She's our little blue creme cat, and she loves to sit beside my computer, or close by on the hopechest, keeping an eye on me as I write.

Kathryn Magendie said...

(I'm laughing at your "embarrassing moment" comment you left!)

Plopper is so cute and loveable!

I have a live plopper - my old fat lab always snoring at my feet!

Melissa Amateis said...

I do. He is sitting on top of my monitor in my home office. :-)

Janna Leadbetter said...

I do have a few of those things, given to me by someone for a special reason. Just looking at such an item makes me feel the warmth of the friend or family member.

Alycia said...

I'm not sure if I do or not. I'd like to think of frank as my version of that. However, of late that is kind of difficult. Thanks for sharing that, however.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. I actually have a stuffed pink pig (a screen cleaner)that sits on my desk. She hasn't spoken to me yet and I haven't given her a name, but I am still hopeful.

Thanks for sharing.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Like Kathryn, I have a real live puppy Plopper. How much poop can puppy Plopper place? TONS

Alycia said...

Okay. If we want to count pets,(or pests), I have two of those as well.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I have a Christmas Moose and several teddy bears that reside in my sewing room.....they are the committee with the final vote when we're deciding on fabric for quilts......they haven't been wrong yet!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, a sweet post. I don't have a Plopper. But I have four critters running around: a senior dog, two adopted pound puppies and a cat. Oh, and a fire-belly newt sits beside my desk in a fishbowl. I feed him blood worms once a week, he's nine years old. Hubby and child bought him home from pet store... and I've banned them from pet stores ever since. :D

Terri Tiffany said...

Hmmm no plopper for me unless I could my husband who has been around waaaay too much this past year!!:))

Kathryn Magendie said...

Someone called my little girl photo bangs "Mr Spock" (from star trek) bangs *LAUGHING* -it's true! haw!