Dream Killer.....version 2

Angie had a post this morning called Dream Killers and I had to smile when I read it because I had a dream killer of another sort last night.

I just don't understand how my subconscious mind works sometimes. Last night, my husband tells me that I was talking in my sleep calling for my mom. I understand that one since I've been working on an assignment for my writing class where I'm writing about my birth-mother. I don't remember what I had been dreaming about, and don't recall calling out loud either.

Later, I woke myself up calling "No....I can't do it!". I remember this vividly. I was having this crazy dream that I was trying to eat a RAT! I had just bitten his head off....when I spit it out and cried "No....I can't do it!".

Heaven knows where that came from, but it sure was a dream killer for me!

5 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Thanks for the linky love! Dreams are really interesting to try to pick apart, but nightmares...*shudder*

Kathryn Magendie said...

How odd - I had a dream about my birth mother, too! She was on the phone, sobbing and sobbing and sobbing....I remember feeling some mixed emotions about all that sobbing - pain and sadness and a sort of annoyance...
so, we both had bio-mom's on the brain or subcon mind I guess....

Janna Leadbetter said...

Could it be hormones? Ack! I have THE CRAZIEST dreams when I'm hormonal.

Terri Tiffany said...

UGH...I agree with janna--maybe it is the hormones. I dream every night and my husband swears he never does.

Anonymous said...

As a child I could retell every dream I ever dreamt just as it was truly real. Now, I don't dream that often. I sometimes miss it. (Well, not the scary ones.)