Shift

Today I felt my world shift.
I was sitting on my daughter's sofa folding baby clothes fresh from the dryer, and Laurinda was sitting nearby with baby Makiya. Suddenly my mind travelled back 30 years when my own mother sat on my sofa folding baby clothes and I held a baby Laurinda.
I realized that this little piece of life has moved 360 degrees and I am now the visiting Grandma. I'm the one helping out with the baby, cooking meals and just generally trying to help my daughter as she moves into her new role as Mom.
In a few weeks I will turn 50, I am now a Grandma, and life moves ahead. What a miracle this circle of life really is.

10 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Oh, what a special moment. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Pat's Place said...

I am so glad that you shared that wonderful insight with us. Thanks.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Beautiful...both of you. I hit the big five-oh this year too.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Beautiful, adorable baby! Thanks for sharing this precious moment.

Congratulations from one grandma to another!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)

Melissa Amateis said...

A miracle indeed! And your granddaughter is just precious.

Angie Ledbetter said...

PS Love the new pic of you and the wee angel!

Terri Tiffany said...

I didn't realize this is your first!! Oh the joy! I became one last year and it is so wonderful --never thought that role would be but it is awesome! Cuddle that baby for me! Mine is visiting me here next month:)

Linda Hoye said...

All - I am sure that grandparenthood is going to be the BEST! Thank you for all your comments, I truly feel that I am entering the best phase of my life.

Trying to stay calm - thank you for visiting! I hope you come by again!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Come on in, the water's fine *laugh* -- the 50's are wonderful so far...

What a wonderful moment of clarity for you *smiling*