Playing hooky

It's 6:13 am on Friday morning. Normally I would be at work by now (or on my way if I had stopped for a Starbucks). Today I'm sitting at home getting caught up with everyone's blogs.

I'm going for some blood work this morning (gulp...the dreaded cholesterol test!) and so I'm just hanging out until the office opens at 7:00. In the past when I've done this, I've brought work home the night before that I could do first thing in the morning. My plan this time was to do some final revisions on the assignment for my writing class that I have to turn in tonight.

This morning, as I sat down at my computer, I made a conscious decision to play hooky from responsibility and spend some time catching up with my blogging friends. I'm fifty now. I can play hooky if I want!!

Happy Friday everyone!

6 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Absolutely! Way to make an executive decision. :D Have a great weekend - and I hope your test goes well.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Dang right! And don't waste a moment of that rare hooky time feeling guilty! Hope test goes well.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I was going to write first "Dang right" and then saw my friend angie wrote that same thing *laugh*...

Well, have fun with it and enjoy! (also, I've put up the book give a way stories, if you are interested in reading and/or voting!)

Pat's Place said...

Hooky is great sometimes! Enjoy!

Carmen said...

For sure! Playing hooky is absolutely allowed at 50! Especially a hard worker like you! I hope your test goes well! I'm due for one soon too.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Even though I'm retired, I still love to play hooky! Instead of getting up in the morning and trying to keep on track with my daily schedule and to do list, I make a cup of tea, crawl back into bed and curl up with a book. Oh it feels so good!

Hope your test results are good.