Missing my rut

Okay, I admit it. I'm a creature of habit and I don't do well when my routine is disrupted.

Having just been through the holidays and the awesome experience of spending a week with daughter and husband and precious Makiya (neither of which I would trade for anything!), I'm having trouble settling back into my routine.

To top it all off, my husband is sick. Well, he has a cold.

Before the holidays hit, I had settled in nicely to my daily routine (or rut as some might like to call it), but I'm having struggling to get that mojo back.

Life is disrupted and I don't adjust well to disruption. Perhaps it has something to do with the looming big 5-0 that is coming up very soon, but I feel that I have somehow earned the right to my rut and I would really like it back.

Sigh....hopefully soon.....

5 comments:

Pat's Place said...

I think ruts help keep us balanced. Change gives us a chance to see things from a different viewpoint, but ruts help keep us a path that is familiar and safe. Ruts are nice, but sometimes we have to widen our ruts or make them curve a bit to include new ideas and scenery.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Hope you find it again soon, and that hubby recovers quickly!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

I learn a lot from ruts. I start out at the bottom of many of them each day! Like you, I'm a creature of habit and feel frazzled when something upsets my routine. Some of the upsets are wonderful, but still get me off track. Now that I'm in 60's it feels like it's harder each time to get back into the swing of things! Praying you find your writing groove today!

Terri Tiffany said...

I like ruts but also they can get boring but they are comfortable too. Hope you get back into it soon!

Janna Leadbetter said...

I know just what you mean. Hope you find it soon! And well wishes for the husband, too.